- Medical Expenses (Max. 25 outpatient visits)
Reimburse the medical expenses for out-patient treatment, hospitalization and surgery of the Insured Student as a result of bodily Injury or sickness during the study trip. (Includes a maximum of 25 outpatient visits per policy year)
Follow-Up Medical Treatment Extension
Reimburse the follow-up medical expenses incurred within 3 consecutive months after the Insured Student’s return to Hong Kong SAR, up to maximum of HK$100,000 per policy year.
- Chubb Assistance – 24-Hour Worldwide Assistance Services
- Emergency Medical Evacuation
In the event of Bodily Injury or Sickness of the Insured Person, requiring medical evacuation to another location for appropriate medical treatment on the advice of a Physician, cover for the evacuation arrangements and the related expenses in circumstances where medical treatment is unavailable in the location of the where the Bodily Injury or Sickness was obtained.
- Return of Mortal Remains
Upon the death of the Insured Student, cover for the arrangement of the return of the Insured Student’s remains to Hong Kong SAR including the related expenses.
- Chubb Assistance – 24-Hour Telephone Hotline and Referral Services
“Chubb Assistance” provides the telephone enquiry services as follows:
- Interpreter Referral Service
- Medical Advice Service
- Hospital Deposit Guarantee Service
- Loss of Luggage and Travel Documents Assistance
- Compassionate Visit
- In the event the Insured Student is confined in Hospital for over 5 consecutive days due to Serious Bodily Injury or Serious Sickness, Chubb will pay, for one adult Immediate Family Member, the cost of:-
- 1 economy round trip ticket and
- hotel accommodation for a maximum period of 5 consecutive days to visit the Insured Student.
- In the event the Insured Student's Immediate Family Member is Confined in Hospital for over 5 consecutive days due to Serious Bodily Injury or Serious Sickness, Chubb will pay, Insured Student the cost of 1 economy round trip ticket to visit the Immediate Family Member.
- Study Interruption
Reimburse the forfeited Tuition fees or Tuition fees for re-attending courses in the event of Study Interruption due to the Serious Bodily Injury or Serious Sickness of the Insured Student in the course of a Study Trip resulting in:-
- Hospital Confinement; and
- temporary disability for more than 30 days; and
- continuous medical treatment and supervision from a Physician.
- Accidental Death and Permanent Disability
Cover for death or disability of the Insured Student as a result of an Accident during the Study Trip.
- Education Fund
Subsidize the continuation of the Insured Student’s study in the event of the Accidental death or Permanent Total Disability of the specified Insured Parent / Guardian.
- Personal Property
Pay for the loss of or damage to the Insured Student’s Personal Property in the course of a Study Trip except within the city of the Overseas Studying Institution, excluding money, software, mobile phones and accessories, vehicles and jewellery that is not worn or carried by the Insured Student at the time of loss.
- Loss of Travel Document
Reimburse the replacement fees of the Insured Student’s passport, identity card or visa in the event of robbery, theft or burglary in the course of a Study Trip.
- Personal Liability
In the event that the Insured Student becomes legally liable to pay compensation for an accident in the course of a Study Trip which causes Bodily Injury to other person or destruction of the property of others, except any loss due to the ownership, possession, lease or rental of any vehicles, aircraft, firearm or animals, Chubb will pay that compensation on behalf of the Insured Student.
- Loss of Cash
Reimburse the loss of cash of the Insured Student in the course of a Study Trip.
- Travel Delay
If the airline or Public Conveyance in which the Insured Student is travelling is delayed due to industrial action by the employees of the Public Conveyance, bad weather, Strike or mechanical fault of the Public Conveyance, Chubb will pay HK$500 for each full 8-hour period of delay, up to the maximum sum insured for Travel Delay.
- Baggage Delay
Cover for the reasonable expenses incurred in purchasing essential replacement clothing and toiletries if the Insured Student’s Personal Property has been delayed on delivery or temporarily mislaid by the Public Conveyance carrier for more than 8 consecutive hours in the course of a study trip.
- Trauma Counseling Benefit
Reimburse the cost of trauma counseling if the Insured Student witnesses and/or is the victim of a traumatic event in the course of a Study Trip up to a maximum of HK$1,500 per visit.
- Kidnap Benefit
Pay a daily benefit of HK$500 for each completed 24-hour period up to maximum of 30 days if the Insured Student is kidnapped in the course of Study Trip.
- The Overseas Student Protection (OSP) plan is applicable to all legal Hong Kong SAR Residents aged between 10 - 30 for the insured student and aged 17 - 75 for the insured parent / guardian.
- Insured student should register as a full-time student of an accredited educational institution located outside Hong Kong SAR.
- Policy commencement date must be on or before the date the student departs for the study trip.
- Coverage for all leisure journeys during the study trip.
- Duplicate Coverage: If the insured student has more than one Overseas Student Protection Policy with Chubb Insurance Hong Kong Limited, Chubb Insurance Hong Kong Limited shall be liable to pay the benefit under one policy only.
- Geographical Limit and Operative Time:
o Coverage F: Cover shall apply 24 hours a day anywhere in the world;
o Other coverage: cover shall apply 24 hours a day anywhere in the world during the course of a study trip.
- Any change of studying country shall be reported to Chubb Insurance Hong Kong Limited as soon as possible.
This summary is for reference only. For coverage details, please refer to the terms and conditions of the policy. In the event of any discrepancy between the English and the Chinese versions, the English version shall prevail.